- February 16, 2008: *sigh* I wish I had more time to do the things I like to do, like update my website and work on interesting projects like site themes (still waaay in beta and most of the themes don't work/don't look good) and 3d stuff (like GLworld, which was totally lame, now that I look back on it). I've been trying to get CrystalSpace, a free, open-source 3d engine to compile and work correctly on my mac for almost two years now (o_O), and although I've gotten some things to work, I *still* haven't been able to successfully compile a program with the CrystalSpace library. Meh. And about the gallery (which I wrote COMPLETELY FROM SCRATCH!!!) with the one picture of a stupid, ugly, loli pink bunny rabbit that looks like a pink Tails with long ears in a dress (insert lol here)... err, well, I can assure you that I draw (and CG) much better than that now. Oh yeah, and there's my student council election/failed webcomic website, which I used PHPnews for (OMG, I'm actually NOT writing something from scratch! Woah!) PHPnews hasn't been updated since, like, 2005, so it's naturally buggy. Anybody know of any other really good PHP news posting systems?
- July 6, 2007: Uhh -- happy belated July 4th! Ahem... anyways... it should be obvious what has changed. In case you're blind... ***a BLOG!***!!!!!!! Okay, I'll stop now.
- June 11, 2007: Another month gone by! Gosh, time flies! Luckily for my faithful readers, summer is just around the corner -- in fact, this is the last week of school! Just so you have something to see, here is my book report on Alexander Grahm Bell -- all ORIGINAL ARTWORK!!! Yeah! See, told you I was an awesome artist. If you want the actual images, contact me about it and I'll get them posted in my art gallery. Oooh, I really need a blog!!!
- May 9, 2007: Guess what I've been doing for two months? Drawing cute pink bunny rabbits! Come see!
- March 10, 2007: Wow, I haven't updated at all for a whole year!!! I'm such a bad webmaster... =( Anyways, I've been working on CrazyTon, but we recently switched ISPs (Internet Service Providers), and our new ISP doesn't support web servers. In case you're wondering, I have TWO websites. One is this one, leafwood.net. leafwood.net is hosted on Yahoo! Webhosting. I also have one that I host on my OWN $1000 dual-processor Xeon state-of-the-art commercial server. It's a Dell PowerEdge 1800, if you feel the urge to research. This used to host the site at leafwoodtech.com, which was mostly CrazyTon. I had to run CrazyTon on my own webserver because it required advanced PHP code, and Yahoo! didn't support PHP. Well, it didn't three years ago, since it does now... Anyways, right now CrazyTon is offline 'cause I'm working on some wacky load-balancing act with my dual routers and dual ISPs. (I have two (wireless) routers, one switch, one cable modem, and one DSL modem!!! Yeah!) I'm trying desperately to get my server back online, so please stay tuned. I also fixed an oddity in the contact page, so now you can actually contact me. Thanks to the little birdie who tipped me off on that one. (I didn't know girls read my website... oh well, I'll never understand them.) You can ask me for my email, since email is so much easier, with the form. I need to update the About Me page... it's, like, two years old (even though I still like bunnies, pink, and that stuff... I'm not interested in French anymore.) That joke about defenestration is still awesome, though. *cough* My sixth-grade classmates may remember this one. Well, this is Ben, signing off after an eleven-month hiatus. See ya!
- April 11, 2006: Been writing plenty of Java code for the last few days (not PHP code for CrazyTon), and it's been a nice change. You can see my latest work (a Java program, so you need Java) DataEditor! This is at http://tech.leafwood.net/, my good ole site for my tech projects. It was created half a year ago with two simple Java TicTacToe applets (3-in-a-row on a 3-by-3 board and 4-in-a-row on a 5-by-5 board). Just today I added GLworld
(which I haven't worked on in a very long while) and DataEditor. You can try out DataEditor, which is in a very early stage (0.4 beta). You can't save yet. And, of course, feel free to join CrazyTon!
- March 28, 2006: Someone requested an account, but didn't specify an email or other form of communication! Anyways, I created a new sign-up form just for CrazyTon!, so you don't have to go to Contact Me. This new sign-up page is real pretty, too. Click here!
- March 23, 2006: Updated About Me. :) Bunnies!
- March 22, 2006: Whooph! 3/4 of a year has gone by! I haven't updated this site for ages. But I have been working on a very cool new site. I recently renamed it CrazyTon! You can join by sending me a note (click on Contact Me). We're constantly looking for new players, so please sign up! (You should provide your email, so I can contact you, but CrazyTon!, formerly JP or BB, has an advanced message/alert system.) It's been up since a year ago, or maybe even more, but so far, I've had only a few people join. I'd like some more players! Click on the link for more info.
- August 24, 2005: Half a year has gone by! :) No updates. But I've been working on some very nifty things in the meantime. I've written a 3D world stimulation that you might want to try. It's still not too featureful. Try out GLworld beta 1 now!
- April 10, 2005: Been working on some wonderfully wonderful things. Like... oh yes, a survey! Click here to take the survey! Thanks for taking it. I really appriciate it, it helps me write more and better content. Oh yes, I've been working on much more than a measly survey. Yup, some wonderful things I think you'll like. I love Java. (Not the coffee or the islands, the programming language.)
- April 1, 2005: Message removed. :) Hope it wasn't too disasterous..
- March 18, 2005: As you can see, a little menubar has been added to the top. Isn't it just cute? (Not really...) Anyways, my friend (who would like to remain anonymous) and I are working on site navigation and the "Fun Stuff" section of the site. It is NOT the new section I've been working on, it's the new section my friend has been working on. MY new section will come perhaps next month or so. It's about something I REALLY like. Like Cheerios. Just kidding.
- March 14, 2005: Busy, busy, busy! An "apple" theme has been applied in order to make contrast-complainers happy. Some still aren't happy, they say it's too bright... whatever. Very soon, the NEW SECTION will be opened and... heh... never mind.
- February 14, 2005: Also, yesterday I added an About Me page. I've fixed a bug in the quizzes (boy do I hate bugs) and plan to create an entirely NEW SECTION! Not math, not chocolate, not dynamite, not writing, not anything like that. But, well, it's a secret! It's something that I'm not only good at, but the best at! May your anticipation never end! (Of course, it will end when this new section is up.)
- February 9, 2005: New site theme is being applied to pages throughout the site. It's called "Blue". Not very creative. Anyways, a very big addition that some (according to my access logs, someone did a search on "ben's email address" or something) have been waiting for is the E-mail Submission Form. I don't like people e-mailing me because of the spam overload I sometimes get. So, here's your chance to send me a message!
- February 4, 2005: Changed to a radical new front page look! Do you like it?
- January 17, 2004: Two minutes after trying to implement the menubar, I gave up. No menubar for anything but the main page, or until I have more time on my hands. And anyways, many big sites, like Yahoo! for example, don't use menubars. That's because menubars are for small sites with only a few pages of content and only a few pages to change. This site isn't that small.
Older News >